Hi! If you are reading this post it might be because you are craving for a moist, rich in flavors chocolate cake 🙂 A lot of my friends have constantly asked me for the recipe of my chocolate cake (which is really popular in my family as well). So, here it is (serving:12, ready in about 50 min)!
Got your ingredients???
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 5 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by buttering and lightly flouring (or you can use parchment paper instead).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Whisk the dry ingredients.
- Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla to the mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and add the boiling water. Mix until combined and pour evenly into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans. Then cool completely.
While the cake is cooling, let’s make the frosting 🙂
- In a bowl, beat the butter on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the cocoa and confectioners’ sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla. Continue beating until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the frosting evenly for the layers and the outside of the cake.Place one cake layer on a serving platter, spread frosting over the top. Add the other layer on top. Cover outside of cake with the remaining frosting and…ENJOY!
Photo credit: Simon Law