If you enjoy making chewy Chocolate-Chip Cookies from scratch, I have a nice recipe for you! These will be best chocolate chip cookies (soft and chewy)! Easy to make and taste just like the freshly baked cookies at bakeries!
Prep time is about 10 minutes, baking time – 9 to 11 minutes, makes about 20 medium size cookies.
Grab your ingredients…
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave or stove.
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown and white sugars until the batter changes consistency and becomes lighter in color.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, beat until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter. Mix until just blended.
- Finally, add the chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- If you have time, you can chill the dough, but you don’t have to, if you followed the instructions 🙂
- Drop cookie dough (you can decide on the size of your cookies) on the baking sheet 2-3 inches apart. If you want the thinner, press them to make patties.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, depending on how chewy you want it to be. More baking will make cookies crispier.
You can eat these cookies while they are still hot (yuuummm) or you can cool them. Put the cooled cookies in an airtight container or a ziplock bag and you can enjoy them for up to 7 days!
You can also freeze them (after they have cooled completely) and enjoy them even longer.
I hope you and your loved ones enjoy these cookies!